Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reflection #3

A) Do you think it is more effective to search the invisible web (database) than using search engine, meta-search or subject directories? Why?

B) Will you use the invisible web (database) for research in your own respective diplomas? Why?

C) What have you learnt from your wiki experience during this practical?


Well, I guess it all has to depend whether invisible web is more effective to using other search engines, because different search engines had their own uniqueness and search specialties. Likewise for the invisible web.
But I would like to comment that invisible web is really useful to a large extent as they contain content that we can never find with the normal search engines. The information that the internet contain is just like the ocean, whatever information that we can find on the typical search engine was just the surface of the ocean, the real treasure lies deep down inside. And the duty of the invisible web is to find them and those information would than be more accurate and precise.
Actually, I had learnt about the usage of invisible web before, but I took it for grunted until today. To me, it was just another kind of search engine but more complicated and troublesome. Therefore, it was chucked at the back of my head and I almost forgotten about it and its a pity that I only managed to see its 'good' side today as it would have made my research much more easier. And After today, I would definitely continue using it as a tool for my research!

And with this, New and better information would then be added into my research on wiki. A more solid information would then be made available to other fellow students who are doing on the same research topic as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment