Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reflection #2


We had lesson on Meta Search Engine and Search Directory today in class.
And again, everyday is a fresh day with new knowledge acquire.
I wasn't aware of this 2 search engine as I had been using the normal search engines like Google for years.
And in this lesson, it really expose me to them well.
Though I'm excited with the new facilities, I'm still not very comfortable with using them, especially with the different functions and interface that they had, since I had been been a good supporter of Google for years.
But I guess it would take time for me to get used to them, and gradually use them in the near future.
No doubt that these new Search engines which I had learn today were really good.
I believe all these new facilities that I learnt today will follow me not only for the rest of my academic years but also for my life.
Since internet is going to be around for many years to come.
And I am very glad that I took up this CDS. =)

A little bit of my opinion on the search engines I learnt today.
Firstly, I feel that Meta Search engine is good because it will search for the different web pages that was available on the different search engine with a single input of search query.
It doesn't only save my time from going to different search engines to get what I want but also help to narrow down my search which again help to save my time. But I also like to use the Search Directory facilities probably due to my type of search topic. I feel that my research topic is very broad and Search Directory really help to break down my search to the different categories which I am really thankful for. It would really help to speed up my search.

I feel that blog is a really wonderful creations and people had made use of blogs to a very big extent from online diary to making money aka blogshop. And site feeds help us to get connected to other websites and blogs as well. It can be a medium where you can get to other sites without really typing them out. Just a click of a button will do.

And another interesting platform of knowledge, Wiki, I really like this because it is a good platform to share informations and ideas depending on the users. I like the idea about able to exchange the informations between other students and changing the content inside. This would give us more pressure to a better input of information, since changing of the content is possible by other people. I hope that students who are sharing the same topic as me can learn from me and likewise, me learning from them through the useful informations that will be put up soon. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment