Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Reflection #1


Google search engine is no stranger to me, I had been using it since I was in primary school until now. And as a design student, research plays a very heavy role in my academic. However, I knew that my research skills are not really up to standards and hence I would always end up struggling in modules which carries a heavier percentage on research. Therefore, this had become one of my main reason for taking this CDS, to get expose to the different kinds of search engines and skills on how to make a proper and narrowed search.
Like what I mentioned earlier on, Google is no stranger to me, but this is the first time I was so impress with Google's functions which existed probably since it was created but due to my ignorance, I wasn't aware of it.
An example of such functions is the advance search engine, it can easily narrow down my search results from more than a million to a hundred thousands hits. This function here is very useful especially to a design student like me.
Another thing that I learn in class is to participate in discussion forum. I think its a good way to get expose to what opinion other people had in mind and sometimes, it can enlighten you to some pointers which you might not have thought of. And our thinking caps would expand making us grow intellectually. At the same time when replying to their post, we will be more concern with the way we carry ourself since we are not present physically. We will be more cautious with our command of english and language in order to give a good impression to the people reading our post.

No comments:

Post a Comment