Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reflection #5


A) Update your blog with magical pictures of your dream holiday destinations.

B)Which evaluation criteria did you used to evaluate the multimedia website for your dream holiday? Why?

C)Why did you choose to go to your dream holiday destination?


My dream holiday destination is very special and unlike others. It is a place where its full of danger and wonders and not many people get the chance to be there. Outerspace.




When I was young, I always love to look at the stars because I'll feel happy and satisfied, I would never forget the first time I got to see a night full of stars in one of the farm in Perth when I was in primary 5. That was the very first time I get to see such a beautiful night, on normal occasion, we don't get to see them in cities like Singapore due to the light pollution, and we can only see them in books and television.

Therefore, I treasure my experience I had when I was in Perth although I was just a 11 years old kid. Now, if I were to be given a choice, I won't want to visit other countries just to see the stars again. I want to travel to outer space so that I can see every stars purely with my naked eyes also other planet if possible.


Furthermore, I also feel that outer space is one of the purest place that is not affected by many humans activities and thats the beauty in mother nature. I want to see the earth below my feet and admire the beauty of this globe that we all lived in.


I would also like to see meteor close up, meteor occurs almost every time even in the day, usually it happens every 5 to 10 an hour. But due to the strong sunlight and light pollution at night, we don't really get to see them at all. Furthermore, most are as small as a pinhead and are very hard to spot, thus making it hard to see with our naked eyes. And I would be most happy to see one entering the earth atmosphere from outerspace. ^^


Black hole is another thing that interest me, I really wonder what happens to all the elements that got suck into it due to its magnificent gravitational pull, even light can't escape it. I would like to see one! From afar of cause!

Currently, space travelling is already made possible with the advance of technology. However, it would cost a bomb to travel. I had done some research and found a website which allows people to space travel. Click HERE for details of the web.

I have a video here to illustrate the new space craft which was created to allow space travelling.


However, going there would have cost a bomb, the ticket cost 200,000bucks and deposit starts at 20,000bucks.

And so, the website that I used is http://www.virgingalactic.com/. It is a website to market space travel with its new space craft.

Firstly, the evaluation criteria that I used to evaluate this website is clearly,

purpose - Because I got to find this website through my purpose of space travelling. And it is clear to me that the web is trying to market itself about its spacecraft. And they had included a safety link for people to view as safety is always one of the main concern for us. Therefore with that, I would say that its clear to everyone that their purpose is to market.

Accuracy - The website is managed by an organisation which is trying to advertise itself as the world first manned commercial spaceship. They involvement had attracted over 800 press and VIP guest gathered for a press conference . Therefore, their accuracy of information would not be doubted.

Coverage - Space travelling had been a dream to many for years and this organisation, Virgin Galactic had made it possible. And I'm very sure that this would be good news to many. The website provides vital information for those who are interested such as newsletter to keep people updated and an overview of what they are doing to keep them well inform and etc.

Accessibility - This website is accessible to anyone, and there is no need to register or log in require to view the whole web page. Unless visitor decides to book a ticket to outerspace, they need to fill in a form to book a place.

Presentation and arrangement - Information are very well structure in this website, visitor would not get lost while visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting destination! Indeed its expensive. A chance in a lifetime to be out there in outer space. Great evaluation too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. You just set the standards higher for the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good! Interesting selection of dream holiday. I love seeing stars too. I will spend a long time staring in the sky just to admire each of them.Ya in Singapore seldom get the chance too. I wonder how Meteor is like in real life.haha.After reading what you had posted about outer space, I get to learn some facts about it.

    -Kai'en-

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I cant imagine you will write about this. Why didnt talk about alien. why didnt you say go pandora.

    ReplyDelete